Monday, September 14, 2026

8/31 - Change of thoughts on a single story

Reflect on a time when you discovered a new perspective that completely changed how you viewed a person, group, or place. How did your previous “single story” shape your thoughts or actions?

Response: I learned that Russians were actually not all very strong and buff because of the many images and videos I saw (which were clearly photoshopped at the time or edited too) through seeing actual touring into Russia by people who actually wanted to research Russia and its people.

Summary: The previous single story shaped my mind into thinking this simple stereotype was simply a thing all Russians had, but through other realistic videos, Russians can also be skinny and funny looking, not just through the real life tour videos I’ve seen on Russia.

Reflection: This was when I was super young, so this makes for me to be affected but it doesn’t mean I should’ve sticked to this idea, I was able to learn and move on from this bettering my view for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/18 - Difference of movie vs book

Choose one character or scene that appeared differently in the movie than you imagine while reading. What was different, and did the movie c...