Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?
Prompt Response: In my sophomore year, I had only a couple of friends in my Algebra class where we would make petty jokes at each other, but nothing we wouldn’t take so seriously over, and one of them just joked about me border hopping meant being able to climb walls easier.
Summary: It was just a joke and sure I could have taken it seriously but I didn’t, and I did so, and our mini group was fine throughout the day, no sign of the anger in us anywhere between us.
Reflection: I think this a more relaxed version of what happened, but I’m honestly fine with that, some things are just so petty, that you don’t need to actually get mad at it, just move on, and it’ll become a non-issue with time.
No comments:
Post a Comment