Sunday, August 16, 2026

8/11/2026 - Parts of identity that influenced me to a degree

"Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?"

Summary: Parts of my identity have influenced who I have been shaped now due to my past experiences with Hispanic students in middle school, where I see their behavior on only a few kids in my high school, essentially, it has been terrible dealing with them in the past and sort of affected how I viewed my own racial group for a short while, viewing us as people loud, repulsive, and liars that don't know how to learn from our mistakes, which made me embarrassed to ever talk or present myself in any of my classes in my first year of high school

Conclusion: But then I met some of my same racial peers in the same grade as me being very kind, respectful, and honest, making friends with most people they encountered, which made me finally present myself more and more through each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/18 - Difference of movie vs book

Choose one character or scene that appeared differently in the movie than you imagine while reading. What was different, and did the movie c...